1 Second Everyday: Video Diary
Ever caught yourself forgetting life’s moments? Imagine a movie that includes everyday of the rest of your life. Let 1 Second Everyday help you remember your journey, your story. Get started with 1SE today!
2x winner of the “Best Use of a Mobile Camera” WEBBY Award.
Featured by Apple, BBC, TED, CNN, Fast Company and more!
"For over 5 years, I've been recording 1 second every day, so I'll never forget another day ever again. This project has had such a positive impact on my life. This lead to the development of 1 Second Everyday; which makes it easy for anyone to do this too. Being able to relive every single day has provided me with a treasured perspective on life. It holds me accountable for making each day notable. When I turn 40, I'll have a 1 hour compilation that encapsulates my 30s. If I live to see 80 years of age, I'll have a 5-hour video that summarizes 50 years of my life."
- Cesar Kuriyama, 1SE Founder
Why 1SE is awesome:
- AUTO-SNIPPETING: Shake and auto fill your days with ease!
- INSTA-MASH: Create a video of your past year on Instagram with one tap!
- SHARING: Send your favorite second as a gif, Instagram loop or share your whole video with ease.
- FREESTYLE: Going on an adventure? Use any amount of seconds to tell your story of that quick trip to Spain or your wedding weekend.
- FLUX: Forgot to record? Go back in time and grab a video to use.
- SUPER SECONDS: Sometimes you need a little more time.
- DIARY: Take note of your day and leave a private message to yourself.
- MASHING: Make videos of any length from 7 days to even 3 years. You're in control.
- REMINDERS: Setup friendly creative reminders so you never forget a day!
- PRIVACY: Your seconds are stored on your phone. They are never shared with anyone unless you decide to do it.
Give 1 Second Everyday a try and start your own video diary today!
RECORD LESS, LIVE MORE.
We love your feedback and appreciate your reviews. Please send us any questions, ideas, or words of encouragement to email@example.com
Follow 1SE on:
- Instagram: @1_Second_Everyday
- Twitter: @1SecondEveryday
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/1SecondEveryday
Hold on to your butts! This is a pretty hefty update. First and foremost we've fixed a bunch of bugs for all of you intrepid iOS 11 folks. Thanks for bearing with us. We also added new journal editor when you tap into a day (we called this the diary before but it's the same deal).
UPDATE: iOS 9 users, if the app was crashing on launch this new version should fix that for you. Our sincere apologies about that! Please let us know if you continue to have any issues.
One change to note is that we are doing some housekeeping and no longer show mashed movies in 1SE. But fear not! They are always available in the 1SE album in your Photos app, where you have access to more editing and sharing features.
** NEW **
• Added new mashing presets so you can easily mash a season. When you tap the play button to mash a video choose Presets on the left, then tap Seasons in the middle, and pick a season on the right.
• There's a way to automatically fill in all of the visible the orange days in your timeline! Tap the purple magic wand button next to the mash button in the bottom right corner. You can choose to keep or discard the generate snippets so there's no risk, and you can try it again to get different choices. This is really cool and we think you'll like it a lot. (If you already found this by shaking your phone, thanks for helping us test it out)
• You can choose to automatically add location names to new snippets for each project instead of it being all-or-nothing. The default setting is still the same where you get locations in freestyle projects, and don't get them in timelines. Go into the project list and hit the little edit pencil icon by a project title to change this option for existing projects.
** IMPROVED **
• When you're recording a snippet with 1SE and leave the app or get interrupted by, say, a phone call, your video is saved to your photo library immediately so it doesn't get lost.
• Save looping snippet videos to your photo library with one tap.
• Added a button to share mashed movies with Messages.
• If you select a lot of snippets really fast in a row you may have seen the mysterious message "Unknown error 6: Cannot Decode", or other weird things happen. Now things should work more smoothly, you just may have to be a bit patient and wait for your phone to catch up if you go really fast. We recommend getting a nice beverage and taking a few more seconds to choose your hand-crafted, artisanal, gluten-free snippets. But if you want to speed through it that should be better now. (Hi Dave!)
• The scroll, the scroll, the buttons, the buttons. Scrollin' so smooth like the butter on a muffin.
** FIXED **
• Recorded videos work properly when your phone is locked in portrait orientation on iOS 11.
• Mashed movies had some problems with audio going out of sync when shared to Facebook, and video corruption when sent to a Mac or PC and opened in VLC and other video apps. Thankfully this should no longer be the case. Share my friends, share!
• A few of you had thumbnails disappear. They should reappear in this version, and we regret the error. Those responsible have been sacked. (not really :)
• The app handles long project titles way better.
• Vanquished some crashing bugs.
We would love to hear any and all feedback. Please email any questions, ideas, or words of encouragement to firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy to help.
We live and die by reviews, your reviews. If we've provided a great experience and helped you live a better life please give us a 5 star review and let others know how awesome 1SE is!